First Tee – British Columbia offers financial assistance to families on a need basis. Our goal, as a community, is to ensure every kid has a place to learn, have fun, and cultivate friendships. If your family is eligible, you will have the option to apply for financial assistance during the online registration process.
- Applications must be submitted during registration (prior to the program’s start date).
- All approvals will be determined by First Tee – British Columbia and are subject to local demands and budgets.
- Applications must indicate your family meets the financial criteria outlined in Revenue Canada’s LICO chart and/or is experiencing financial hardship.
- First Tee – British Columbia MAY request additional proof of financial need including:
- A clear, legible, and current copy of pages 1 and 2 of your Canada Child Benefit (statement).
- An endorsement letter written by a third party community professional (i.e. doctor, social worker, teacher, lawyer, etc.) outlining the current barriers impacting your family from registering. Endorsement letters must be on professional/official letterhead.
Who is eligible for financial assistance?
Eligible groups include:
- Low income families, as determined by specific financial criteria per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart.
- Families with extenuating circumstances impacting them from registering for First Tee programs.
How to read LICO chart:
- Refer to size of family unit (includes yourself, spouse/common-law partner if applicable, and any dependent children) in the first column.
- Match your family size row to the row that aligns with the population of your community (city).
- If your after tax household income is less than this number, you are eligible for available financial assistance.
How do I apply for financial assistance?
- Login to the registration portal and select the program you wish to register your child for.
- During checkout, you will be asked if you would like to apply for financial assistance. Click “Yes” if you would like to apply.
- You will then be prompted to enter information regarding your household and financial status.
- Complete the checkout process to submit your application for financial assistance. Note: You will not be required to submit payment at this time; however, your child is not officially registered for the program yet.
- First Tee – British Columbia will review your application within 3-5 business days and approve or deny the request for financial assistance, or request additional information outlined in the Funding Details section below.
- You will receive notice of the decision via email with a link to complete the registration. You will have 48 hours to do so. Note: If your financial assistance application is approved, you will see the financial aid applied in the payment summary.
Please contact us below if you have any further questions about our programs or applying for financial assistance.